Minnesota Hockey Announces Several Postseason Tournament Modifications
St. Paul, MN – February 25, 2021 – Minnesota Hockey today announced several schedule and location changes for Region and State Tournaments, which will be held in March. In December, the Minnesota Hockey Board approved an extension of the Minnesota Hockey season due to the pause on youth sports from November 20 to January 4. This extension allows for the Region Tournaments originally scheduled to be held February 26—28 to now be held March 19—21. The State Tournaments, originally scheduled March 12 – 14 have been moved to March 26 – 28.
The changes created some scheduling conflicts in certain areas, which necessitated some changes in locations or timing of games played. The following changes should be noted:
· The 12U B State Tournament, originally scheduled to be held in Rochester, will now be held in Owatonna.
· The 15U B State Tournament, originally scheduled to be held in Rochester, will now be held in Dodge County.
· The Bantam A West Region being held in St. Louis Park, will now be held on Thursday, March 18 – Saturday, March 20. The Bantam B West Region games will continue to be held Friday, March 19 – Sunday, March 21.
· The Peewee AA South Region, originally scheduled to be held in Owatonna, will now be held in Dodge County.
· The Bantam AA South Region, originally scheduled to be held in Owatonna, will now be held in Faribault.
· Hermantown will now host the 12U A East Region, and Moorhead will host the 12U A North Region.
Additionally, the Region locations for 15U B have also been announced. The 15U B Olympic Region will be held in Alexandria, while the 15U B American and 15U B National Regions will be held in Blaine.
For the eighth consecutive year, The Drive to State is presented by Chevy, and will be highlighted by 14 State Tournaments hosted by nine communities. The 2021 Minnesota Hockey State Tournament locations are as follows:
Minnesota Hockey's state tournament locations will remain the same as the 2020 assignments.