West Fargo blitzed Little Falls (7-1) and Cottage Grove (7-2) en route to the final 16
Nathan Valley lights the lamp for Bemidji Friday in their win over Wayzata
A trip to Fargo the past ten years has always been a blast for the teams from the Twin Cities. Top teams would roll into to town, trade some pins and usually walk home with a lot of pins and hardware in their oversized SUVs en route to the suburbs. The script got flipped on Friday. The usually friendly hosts from Fargo and West Fargo did their guests no favors winning just all four of their preliminary games on Friday.
West Fargo Blue knocked off the defending champions Cottage Grove by a convincing 7-2 score Friday afternoon. Their buddies the WF White one-upped the Blue and beat the #1 rated and Squirtacular champions Chaska Chanhassen Friday night 5-2.
The Fargo Freeze did their best to set the temperature low for the visitors Friday. The Black knocked off two south of the river teams Eagan and Shakopee (a top 10 team). The Blues beat Lakeville North and Forest Lake and punched a ticket to the final 16.
Ryder Rivard had two goals for the Grand Forks Titans Friday
Here are a few surprises from Friday including four top ten MN teams falling on the first day. Predicting only half of our top 16 is an all time low. But our low was eight teams high.
1. Bemidji > White Bear Lake (6-3)...Bears second first round loss in two years.
2. Bismarck > Grand Rapids (4-3)...Rapids falls to Bismarck after beating Hermantown last weekend.
3. Northfield > Eden Prairie (5-2)...Raiders make their mark.
4. Lakeville South > Moorhead Black (5-3)...Cougars best finish in Fargo since 2012 final four run.
5. WF Blue > Cottage Grove (7-2)...result not a surprise, margin is.
6. Roseville > Edina Green (2-1)...way to go Roseville, second biggest shock of the day!
7. Fargo Black > Shakopee (3-2)...another MN T10 team goes down.
8. WF White > Chaska Chan (5-2)...Squirtacular champs go down!
Mikey Berchild had this snipe in Minnetonka's 5-2 win over the GF Titans
|A67||Fargo Black||Lakeville South||Fargo Black|
|A71||Jefferson||Lake of the Woods||LOW|
Can Bemidji make the trek to the Final 4?